Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Czone Panel Customizing

Default Czone Panel Customizing

My boat is set up such that I do not have a Czone control panel. The Czone switches are controlled via the Simrad NSS 12 and VV7. I'm sure others have this same set up as well. I have attached a few pictures of the Czone screens that I have revised to make it easier for me. Some of the changes made:

1. Created new circuits for some devices.
    2. Put a toggle switch in next to the Nav Lights to turn on/off the Anchor light.
    2. Renamed devices so they were more clear as to what they were (Baitwell Fill Pump, etc)
    3. Expanded the normal four button main page controls to include all of my devices
    4. Updated the "All Device" list to regroup the devices.
    5. Programmed the courtesy and underwater/bucket lights so they will dim up/down over a two second period when turned on/off.

Here are a few pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Texasagg; 10-02-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Anyone done this with a Garmin MFD? Would love to have a touchscreen interface instead of the knob.

Would like to know too. Work with 8215's?

Those would be questions for KB. I know that BEP and Simrad have a partnership and I believe others have got the Lowrance products to work (I believe someone posted this in my thread "getting closer").

Whats a vv7? How can you get rid of the czone ... Makes no sense to me as i have been told countless times i have to have the czzone controller. Have 2 nse 12's and just added a nss 7 to use exclusively for the czone cause its interface is horrible. Had to put the czone controller n console. Have always been able to switch pages on the nse to run the c but rather have a dedicated place to turn stuff off and on...by the way just added the nss 7 this week.

Or get the BEP push button panel. See sample pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Awesome job, Texasagg. Very nice setup.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter77346 View Post
    Or get the BEP push button panel. See sample pics.

I really like this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Play'N Hooky View Post
    Whats a vv7? How can you get rid of the czone ... Makes no sense to me as i have been told countless times i have to have the czzone controller. Have 2 nse 12's and just added a nss 7 to use exclusively for the czone cause its interface is horrible. Had to put the czone controller n console. Have always been able to switch pages on the nse to run the c but rather have a dedicated place to turn stuff off and on...by the way just added the nss 7 this week.
    vV7 is a vesselview 7. It wasn't necessary to get an NSS as your NSE should integrate with the cZone (it integrates with NSS, NSE or NSO). Look at the simrad manual. Or page 5 here http://www.simrad-yachting.com/Root/...High%20Res.pdf

With BEPs software you can choose which interface you want the controls to appear on. You can partition some to be on one display and some on others or all controls to be on all displays. I assume your NSE 12's are hooked up to the NMEA network?

i know it integrates and i have it set up...the vv is the difference. My main goal was to do away with the czone controller which you cant UNLESS you have vv apparently. Much thanks!