Thread: 39 w/ quad F300's

Default 39 w/ quad F300's

Does anyone know the performance numbers on a 39 with quad 300 Yamaha's? Has Wylie built one yet? I know there are quad 300 Verado boats built, but wanted to find out real world numbers on a 39 with yamahas. Thanks.

Can be done. Have pic but won't let me attach. Pretty pricey compared to quad vrods. Mounting centers / width not the issue. 300 yam not offered in 20" shaft so transom has to be built up with plate for outside motors to mount top bolts using 25" motor.

Performance should be about the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Filet and Release View Post
    Performance should be about the same.
    Just ask Ryan...... He is yoru all source for anything Yellowfin. lol. That's a cool pic, but I would go quad Verados !

Never knew it could be done. They don't have the option for quad Yamaha's on the 39 on their pricing sheet, only Verado's. I was always told the Yamaha's wouldn't fit. I guess with all the modifications you can make it work.
    Yellowfin Yachts

I'd rather have the quad verados as they can be mounted 26" on center as opposed to yamahas at 28.5".

I am planning to go quad Yamaha 300's. Same weight as triple 350's. Should be about the same on fuel at cruise and should be 5 mph faster?
    Thoughts?

Have you thought about triple Verado 400s?

I am wanting to stay with Yamaha. I have a good local mechanic.
    Happy Fishing!

Brian Allen

I would like to talk to the guy above with the quad Yamaha 300 s. Does anyone know him?
    Happy Fishing!

Brian Allen