Captain Max King's Marine

Thread: Help With Buying a 24' YF Bayboat

Default Help With Buying a 24' YF Bayboat

• Cabela's Waterfowl Classic
    First time to this site and first time considering a YF. I've heard great things about this boat and would like some input on what to ask when considering a YF. Looking at a 2016 YF 24' bayboat; 300 hp Yamaha. What can I expect to pay for this boat? What should I be asking regarding warranty? How do I know I'm not being ripped-off?

Do appreciate your insights!

YFRookie

That is a very hard question to answer since they are all built to spec. What options are on it? Is it a CE? Whats the electronics package? How many hours on the engine? You will probably get more input if you listed the specifics on this boat.

Ok, good point: sorry, a '13 YF; scored indoors all the time while not on water; 240 hrs on boat/motor (F300 Yamaha); Simrad NSS12 plotter/fish finder; Czone electric switches, no manual switches at helm; Minn Kota iPilot trolling motor; single power pole; hard top w 4 rocket launchers; LED spreader lights; leaning post w 4 rocket launchets; JL 4 6.5 speaker system w HI amp connected to sonic hub; stainless toe plate; original Ameritrail trailer w LED running lights; professionally maintained by Yamaha dealer.

Thoughts?

From the Specs listed 80k to 87k would be I guess. That sounds like a clean unused boat. There should be a hull warranty but get the VIN # and call YF as ask. As for the motor Also need vin # and call any Yamaha dealer and they can look it up in the system to tell you when it expires.

Also all of there boats have C zone digital switching from the factory unless its older and have a morts controller for switches.

Appreciate your help Rippen...!