Yellowfin Yachts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scupper balls

Default Scupper balls

• Cabela's Waterfowl Classic
    Does anyone know the diameter of the scupper balls or if they are readily available? Getting parts from YF sometimes takes a while so if possible I would purchase elsewhere.

Thanks!
    LD

I would call GEM PRODUCTS, INC. Thats where they are getting them from.
    140 Industrial Loop
    Orange Park, FL 32073

Phone: (904) 264-0173
    Toll Free: (800) 874-4506
    Fax: (904) 269-5905
    Email: sales@gemlux.com

Thanks for the fast reply!

Was told by one of the rigger 1.5" but GemL would be able to confirm for sure.

Just got it sorted. They are shipping today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    Just got it sorted. They are shipping today.
    Any idea how to keep water out of the port and starboard rear compartments? Always have an inch or so of water that comes in through the through-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by BBartB View Post
    Any idea how to keep water out of the port and starboard rear compartments? Always have an inch or so of water that comes in through the through-hole.
    I use a small boat drain plug. The kind you screw in but normally, I will close the through hull as well unless being used.

Same is Luck Dog, Use a plug / turn your high speed pick up to close or you can have a check valve installed on the drain to prevent this from happening.
    These are standard for the all the wells
    Name:  Plug.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  13.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rippenlips View Post
    Same is Luck Dog, Use a plug / turn your high speed pick up to close or you can have a check valve installed on the drain to prevent this from happening.
    These are standard for the all the wells
    Name:  Plug.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  13.3 KB
    Still get it even with the pickup valves closed. Getting the feeling it's the water backing in from the overflow drain, where there's no shut off valve, only the ping pong balls I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by BBartB View Post
    Still get it even with the pickup valves closed. Getting the feeling it's the water backing in from the overflow drain, where there's no shut off valve, only the ping pong balls I assume?

Two thing to think about 1. I would go to your local Ace Hardware and see what they have, alot of options on line in PCV and Stainless for check values, they should be bale to help you out and make sure the threads match up. 2. You can UN screw the over flow side plate and see if that's were the water is coming in. Only thing behind that is a drain hole at the bottom, maybe able to just plug that or re caulk it so it would have to fill up from the bottom up to the holes at the top to even get it which seems un likely.

Hope that help, mine only comes in in review int he main drain in the bottom which i can plug and keep water out or hold water in without running pump and just my air stones in well for redfish, shrimp or crabs,